Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apex, our previous clearing firm, supports integration with TurboTax.
Here’s a general summary of TurboTax’s capabilities by the amount of trades made during the filing year:
- < 1500 Trades You can import your Consolidated 1099 information directly to TurboTax Online by following the TurboTax Import Instructions below.
- 1500 - 2,000 Trades To import your Consolidated 1099 information, you may need to switch from TurboTax Online to TurboTax CD/Download software*. For more information, please refer to the TurboTax article How many stock transactions can TurboTax Online handle?*.
- > 2,000 Trades Please refer to the following articles or consult a tax advisor regarding your tax reporting options:
TurboTax Import Instructions
Here is a summary of Inuit’s on-screen instructions for TurboTax, provided by Apex.
- After starting a new return from the File menu, select Import then From Financial Institution
- On the next screen, type “Apex” into the field titled ‘I’m looking for’ and then select ‘Apex Clearing Corporation’ and click Continue
- Next, you will be presented with a login screen:
- In the Apex User ID field, enter your account number. For example, account 3AP-12345 would enter 3AP12345 as their username.
- In the Apex Password field, enter the Tax ID number that is associated with the account. Click Continue.
- Once you select Continue and your login credentials are validated, you will be presented with a screen identifying which forms and information is available for import. You will then follow the on-screen instructions to select the information you wish to include.
* This information originates from https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/home/misc/03/en-us and is licensed subject to the terms posted at https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/home/misc/03/en-us. Alpaca and Intuit Inc. are not responsible for this information.
Alpaca does not provide tax advice. This material was prepared for informational purposes only and should not be relied on for tax advice. Customers should consult a tax advisor for any tax related questions.
TurboTax and TurboTax Online are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Alpaca is not affiliated with TurboTax, Intuit Inc, or its subsidiaries.