Q - How do I link my bank account to my Alpaca account using micro-deposits?
If your bank and/or bank account is not supported using electronic authentication, you may try this alternative bank link method, which links with your bank account and routing numbers.
- Log in to your Alpaca account.
- Select Banking from the dashboard menu and click Link Bank Account.
- A message regarding Plaid, our third-party vendor for bank authentication services, displays. Review the information and click Continue.
- Type ** (or any two random symbols) into the search box. Click Link with account numbers and click Continue.
- Select the account type (Checking or Savings) and indicate whether it is a Personal or Business account.
- Enter the Routing Number and click Continue.
- Enter the Account Number and click Continue. Re-enter the Account Number to confirm and click Continue once more.
- Review the message and click Continue. Access your bank account on the specified date, locate the two deposits and notate the exact amounts.
- Return to your Alpaca dashboard and click Verify Bank in the upper right corner.
- Enter the amount of the first deposit and click Continue, then enter the amount of the second deposit and click Continue.
- A message indicating the bank link was successful will display. Click Continue.
- Refer to Deposits/Transfers to your Alpaca Account for instructions on initiating an ACH deposit from your bank account.
NOTE: BMO/Harris Bank partners with Electronic Transaction Clearing (ETC), Alpaca's clearing partner, to process all ACH transactions.